Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 17:03, 3 October 2007
Dead Media archive
Sections for this main page should include:
- Welcome message
- Definition of dead media. a bit of context vis-a-vis media studies/history
- Editorial Philosophy -- to distinguish this from other online archives such as wikipedia (pluses: scholarly bibliography, not restricted to "neutrality principle", etc)
- Context -- i.e. hosted by NYC DCC, why us, why now, etc.
- background (started below)
- a browsing interface? category based?
- a "how you can get involved" paragraph.. i.e. "click here to start adding entries; click here to browse the archive"
- info on what a wiki is and how to use it
Some entries in the archive are drawn from the Dead Media Project, an email list devoted to the topic started by Bruce Sterling and more recently moderated by Tom Jennings. Ironically their email list is now dead.